- just had an awesome prayer time with staff. SOOO excited about what God is doing! #
- Clobberin my son at fifa soccer 🙂 #
- Wow this timmies lineup is looong oh well got some time to kill! #
- Starting to like how this website design is turning out… #
- My oldest son is really sick – spent all morning at the clinic with him. Nasty. #
It’s late but I just wanted to write a few thoughts on today before heading off to bed:
- Today was the first Sunday back for Pastor Marshall since he went to Africa. Great to have our pastor back!
- I shared a teaser video and introduced the “Chasing Daylight” series that I’m going to be teaching to the Young Adults Bread and Breakfast class in a couple weeks. I’m so pumped about this! The book by Erwin McManus has been an incredible inspiration and I really am looking forward to interacting with the class on the story of Jonathon and his armour-bearer taking on the Philistine army…Seizing the divine moments!
- Both morning service praise times were INCREDIBLE! I’ve gotta confess though – the second service was especially amazing as God touched those coming to the front because of weariness and tiredness in their lives. You could see the impact the Spirit was making in their hearts and lives!
- There were also some incredible Holy Spirit led words from the Lord as people moved in the spiritual gifts this morning. Those who stay away from corporate worship don’t know what they’re missing. It’s so IMPORTANT to come together to minister to one another!
- Standing out in the cold waiting for the med clinic to open – gotta get this illness checked out – gng on 7 weeks now! #
- what’s going on with rememberthemilk.com today? It’s so stinking slow! #
- Update from my med clinic visit yesterday…sinus infection – doc prescribed nasal spray, inhaler, and antibiotics…and an x-ray #
- These antibiotics are making me loopy #
- looking over the “Chasing Daylight” material that I’ll be teaching in April…it ROCKS! I’m SO looking forward to leading this study!! #
- On the way to movie nite – been a while… #
- Watched Serenity tonite (I’m a bit late finally seeing it) – cool movie! #
- Snow falling? Aww man! Hope it doesn’t blow into Waterloo! #
- Just found out my word recognition in my right ear has gone from 24% to 8%. Left ear remained the same at 4%. #
- Thank goodness I can lipread! #
- Taking the kids to the park – beautiful day. Then I think I might do some yardwork #
A looong time ago, back before Feedburner was a Google property, I used it to manage and track my .rss feeds here. I kind of got away from that in the various theme changes applied to the site but I just decided tonight I’d get the by feeds “burned” again. Here’s how it works: the main feed now redirects to FeedBurner but if you subscribe to any comments, tags or category feeds (and I think it’ll be the same for series feeds) they will still come to you the same way they have. That may change in the future but for now that’s the way it is.
If you were a subscriber to the main feed and it stopped working for some reason I apologize. If you try resubscribing it should work again. If you are still not getting the feed correctly and aren’t mad at me (!) please leave a comment here so I can know and try and help you with correcting the problem.
Finally, if you don’t know what a “feed” is…google it 😉
I just thought I’d throw up the link to the public page for the shared items from my Google Reader account. I share the stuff I find interesting and/or helpful to me. Get a peak into what I read!
This past weekend was BUSY! But so much fun! Saturday night Ker (my wife) and I joined a group of couples at the church to watch the movie “Fireproof” Wow! What an amazing movie and what a challenge for married couples! I’m so excited about showing this movie on March 29th for the evening service at WPA. If you haven’t seen it and you live in the Waterloo, Ontario area you’ve GOT to come and see this movie!
Sunday I spoke in both services and shared a two part series entitled “Holy Desperation” based on Matthew 5:6, “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness for they will be filled”. Here’s some reflection on Sunday…
- I don’t think we really know what it’s like to be desperate in North America.
- To “hunger and thirst” doesn’t just talk about a passive desire but a desperate longing.
- Holy Desperation puts us in the path of encountering and dwelling in God’s presence! Me, I want to cultivate that desperate pursuit of him. Not a wild-eyed, but a wide-eyed desperation.
- “The key to will power is want-power!” If you really WANT something then you’ll find the will power to get there!!!
- This has gotta be a record for the longest I’ve had cold symptoms! I’m almost symptom free except that my nose still plugs up when I lay dwn #
- I really don’t like it when I have appointments on my day off. Probably why the appointment I’m going to today was cancelled twice before.. #
- Heading off for my semi-annual hearing checkup today #
- Just discovered more local friends on twitter….about time folks! #
- I don’t just want to exist- I want to LIVE! How ’bout you? #
- You can tell spring is coming when the roads are white from salt not snow… #
- Just found out my hearing appt wasn’t today arghh #
- Ahh lovely spring day – out for a walk with the kids #
This weekend was an absolute blast! WPA hosted a Worship Event on the Saturday night where a variety of talented people from churches in the area lead in an evening of worship. The house was PACKED with people worshipping and praising God – it was awesome! Here’s some notes about Sunday:
- The children’s ministry “took over” our Sunday morning services and participated in leading worship – the best part? My son Zachary and Karissa helped lead in worship – WOW, I sure was proud of their willingness to serve in this way 🙂
- I always get excited when I see children participate in ministry – kids need to know from the youngest age that God can use them and wants them to participate in His work!
- Pastor Lisa (our Children’s Ministry Pastor) spoke a message called “Head and Shoulders, Knees and toes” and did an awesome job sharing about the importance of the body of Christ. Learned some crazy facts about the human body via her message.
- Had a great service on Sunday night – the worship was amazing! I spoke on “The Wilderness Wastelands of Doubt” – was thankful my cold didn’t keep me from speaking.
This is the sixth entry in the series I am writing about my trip to Ukraine – I didnt have daily internet access while there so I recorded each day for later publishing. And later [much later actually] is now.
I didn’t really do a whole lot today other than driving around with Ed and Walt to various places in Krivoy Rog (I got to see a lot of Krivoy Rog through the day):
To children’s hospital to drop off girls who were going to visit with babies there.
- To McDonald’s to drop off one of the team members for McJoyful.
- Went to hospital to talk with the director of the hospital and pick up the girls who we dropped off earlier. We then dropped the girls off to shop at bazaar (they were getting makeup and nail polish and beauty supplies for using at the Sonshine orphanage in the afternoon).
- Took lunch for guys at rehab center who were continuing on the renovations there.