I love my wife and I really do believe that God brought us together! As I got thinking about mother’s day this year I thought of all the things that Kerryanne does, not only as a mother, but also as a mother who happens to be a pastor’s wife. Here’s some things:
- Prays for me (this is a big deal for me!)
- Helps me pick out what to wear (I am absolutely NO good at matching clothes and dressing appropriately – if you ever see me wearing something bad it’s probably because Ker wasn’t around to help me…)
- Endures the stares of people when our children are being kids at a time when some think it’s inappropriate (and maintains her cool!)
- Gets all four of our children fed, dressed, and ready for church on Sunday’s while I have left early to accomplish what I’m responsible for there (if you think it’s easy for her, I DARE you to say that to her… )
- Arrives at church and ensures that all our children get safely to their Sunday School classes.
- After service while I’m being pulled in a thousand directions – Ker usually rounds up the gang (I try to help when I can) and gets our kids off home and makes lunch (sometimes for others who are coming over to join us as well!)
Of course, there’s much MUCH more that I know I’m missing in this short list. Let me suffice to say that I truly am grateful for Kerryanne both as my wife and the mother to my children. And to all of you pastor’s wives out there – thanks for all that you do to help your husband serve God as He has called them to!