This weekend was an absolute blast! WPA hosted a Worship Event on the Saturday night where a variety of talented people from churches in the area lead in an evening of worship. The house was PACKED with people worshipping and praising God – it was awesome! Here’s some notes about Sunday:
- The children’s ministry “took over” our Sunday morning services and participated in leading worship – the best part? My son Zachary and Karissa helped lead in worship – WOW, I sure was proud of their willingness to serve in this way 🙂
- I always get excited when I see children participate in ministry – kids need to know from the youngest age that God can use them and wants them to participate in His work!
- Pastor Lisa (our Children’s Ministry Pastor) spoke a message called “Head and Shoulders, Knees and toes” and did an awesome job sharing about the importance of the body of Christ. Learned some crazy facts about the human body via her message.
- Had a great service on Sunday night – the worship was amazing! I spoke on “The Wilderness Wastelands of Doubt” – was thankful my cold didn’t keep me from speaking.
- I love when you’re sharing truth from God’s word and looking out at people and seeing the light bulb go off in peoples minds. Priceless. But get this, I know it’s not because of anything I do or speak but it’s totally what the Holy Spirit is doing in making God’s Word come alive in their hearts! That’s why when I prepare a message or get up to speak I’m TOTALLY dependent on God for the delivery – my prayer is always that He will do the talking – I’m just the servant 🙂
- Looking forward to this coming Sunday – God’s already given me the message he wants me to speak for the services – Can’t wait!