The text Romans 16:3-16, Philippians 1:3 (where Paul lists greetings to his peers)
- For Paul this wasn’t just a list of names!
- It is a mosaic of memories of people that changed Paul’s life, who impacted him.
- We need to thank God for spiritual history before us.
- When mailing “the list” Paul is exposing a foundational family in his life.
Personal application, who is your honour roll?
- finish this “… I thank my God everytime I remember…”
- Don’t just tell the people that they’re on your honour roll but also why they are there.
Remember that for this series I’m just posting the raw notes and then I’ll be posting a wrap up post with my reflection on all the messages I heard. But for this post, do you have an “honour roll” in your life? Who are some of the people who have had an impact in your life? By the way, I’ve been reading this interesting series of posts on honour over on the LifeChurch.tv Swerve Blog, check it out! (each one of those links goes to a different post).