Thought this is a great overview of the differences among four generations in the workplace.
Sin is the propensity for humans to live as if they are God. Sin is the decision to live life away from God rather than toward him. This decision can be subtle or blatant. It involves a contest of wills between humans and God. It is the oldest contest in the world, the pride of life, the saying yes to the temptation to live as if we humans are not accountable for our lives moment by moment to our Maker. Sin is the failure to surrender life, moment by moment, to the rule of God. We sin when we place ourselves in charge of our lives.
– Reggie McNeal
A Work of Heart – Understanding How God shapes Spiritual Leaders
This is a note I’m leaving for my future self if I have this issue again but hopefully it will help anyone else experiencing the issues I was.
Basically, what was happening is even though I was using the right sign-in credentials for my google account with the Sparrow and Adium apps, both of them kept re-prompting me for the credentials. However, this was only happening when signing in from home. Elsewhere, there were no problems. Trying to find the answer via google took a lot of searching but the solution that worked for me was to just go to this web address: https://accounts.google.com/b/0/DisplayUnlockCaptchaV2
Apparently, at some point Google locked out sign-in attempts from those apps (and ip addresss) because of too many unsuccessful attempts – its a security feature (although not widely published or known). Visiting that url temporarily deactivates the security lock and then you can sign in.
It worked for me and everything is back to normal thankfully!
Don’t know what happened but I just noticed today that UnfoldingNeurons.com had something wonky going on and no posts were displayed. I have NO idea how long the site was down as I’ve been so busy that I haven’t had a chance to post anything here (thinking my life may be too busy).
At any rate things are back up.
Hi folks, just a quick post up to let you know I’m away on a missions trip in Malawi. I’m writing for my church blog while there -> you can follow along at my church website.
- On my Blog ~~> What I tweeted the past week. http://ow.ly/17P57i #
- RePost: What I tweeted the past week. http://bit.ly/bqgAcu #
- If you're needing a tool to help with keeping your family safe on the internet this is a great one -> http://bit.ly/bxrQ1H #
- looks like there was a mild earthquake in Waterloo – staff hear @watpen said they felt the shaking. I didn't. #earthquake #
- #tumblr is taking a tumble. I can't post anything #
- Unless the lord builds the house, all the work is pointless… http://read.ly/Ps127.1.NLT #
- To fear the Lord is to find joy –> http://read.ly/Ps128.1.NLT #
- What miracles of God are you missing in your midst? –> http://read.ly/Matt11.20.NLT #
- methinks there's going to be a lot of #iPhone4 talk on this twitter thing today – just wish it was being released in Canada today too #
- dang, I'm liking how the new #hootsuite connects with Google Analytics. #
- I'm gonna give #smartytask (smartytask.com) a try for the next week or so. I'm digging the way things are organized. #
- only thing I don't like about #smartytask is no offline capability on my ipod like I have with #rtm #
- RePost: What I tweeted the past week. http://bit.ly/akj0HS #
- @kentshaffer congrats! in reply to kentshaffer #
- On my Blog ~~> What I tweeted the past week. http://ow.ly/17E5Uk #
- this is the app that comes closest to weaning me from #rtm ->
Smartytask http://bit.ly/cBtURt #
- Having core values is one thing – but how you communicate them is another -> http://bit.ly/bZt2ex – great post by @michaelhyatt #
- I have rated "Tribes" on aNobii – 5/5 http://i.anobii.com/edccbe #
- Van just hit 119K – where did all those kms come from? #
- I have added "Derailed" to my aNobii bookshelf http://i.anobii.com/935f3d #
- @avngo commitment is….. 😉 in reply to avngo #
- #wordpress devs: the transient api is a small but POWERFUL way of shaving seconds off of load time -> http://bit.ly/bqYTP1 #
- RT @GeoffMHeeg: A sad night. Will joy come in the mourning? Yes… //indeed – sorrow mixed with joy. #
- A VERY dear sister in Christ transitioned from Earth to glory with Christ last night. We will miss Pastor Gwen Lipke. #
- Installing Flash 10.1 greatly improved my browser(s) stability. #
- I have added "Creating Community" to my wish list http://i.anobii.com/17263e #
- RePost: What I tweeted the past week. http://bit.ly/9iGeUW #
- The Holy Spirit conference @watpen is off to an awesome start! #whenpeopleseekgod #
- On my Blog ~~> What I tweeted the past week. http://ow.ly/17yR8e #
- my blog loads WAY too slow…I've gotta somehow find the time soon to swap out the theme and do some tweaking. #
- I have added "Secrets of the Vine" to my aNobii bookshelf http://i.anobii.com/d55c4d #
- why does #WordPress alwasy seem to do a major update right around the time I'm about to go on holidays? #
- On my Blog ~~> #PAOCGENCONF2010 Ed Stetzer http://ow.ly/17zdPv #
- "The grass withers and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever."" http://read.ly/Isa40.8.NLT #
- talking with @DannoDavis about how we might use #WordPress 3.0 in the new build of @watpen 's website. #
- "Walking the line" took on a whole new meaning at church tonite. You had to be there #godisgood #
- "For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation http://read.ly/Ps100.5.NLT #
- I (and unfoldingneurons.com – my blog) have been written about in the latest issue of the "Seven" magazine. Kind of freaky. #