UPDATE (12/6/08): Just a heads up that the link above downloads from the trunk of the Organize Series subversion repository so you will get the bleeding edge version of Organize Series (currently at 2.0.8beta4). I’m not going to be responding to bugs listed here as frequently (unless I can reproduce easily…so make sure your report is as thorough as possible) because I’m ramping up to get a release ready for when WordPress 2.7 is released this week. OrgSeries 2.0.8beta4 currently WORKS with WordPress 2.7 RC1
Patience pays off – for those of you waiting for a version of Organize Series that will work with the latest version of WordPress (currently WP 2.6.2)! I just want to give a shout out to all the people who have been trying to hack up fixes in the interim instead of just waiting (and a thanks to Matthew Porter who emailed me his version of a fix – which I used a section of). One of the major hurdles keeping me from releasing even just this beta is that my “unique” “automatic-series-part-ordering” system was horribly broken by the new revision system introduced with WordPress 2.6. The fixes offered up by others worked for adding new series but if you modified an existing post that is a part of a series and reordered it in the series then things would go haywire. So, I needed time to test and fix – which I haven’t had much of. Well today, sitting at my wife’s bedside in the hospital while she sleeped (and staying up a bit later too) I managed to hack off this beta. Here’s the rough changelist:
...This is a preview of Organize Series 2.0.8beta Release. Read the full post (517 words, 1 image, estimated 2:04 mins reading time)
Just thought I’d put up a quick post to let folks know I am aware of the issues/bugs with Organize Series in the newly released version of WordPress. Unfortunately they are pretty major bugs and I will not be able to push out an update to Organize Series anytime soon. I just don’t have the time. To the impatient folk: I use Organize Series pretty extensively myself on my various blogs so I understand the pain this creates. I’m forced to hold off on upgrading my own WordPress installs until I can update Organize Series so ideally I’d like to get this fix done sooner rather than later but it just isn’t going to happen.
Some more fixes to the code made it necessary for yet another release of Organize Series. Incidentally – I noticed that Travis Snoozy made the announcement that he is no longer actively developing his “In-Series” plugin and will only be maintaining it until he can find someone to take over it’s development. Working on Organize Series has made me painfully aware of just how much time and effort goes into developing these plugins and his work on In-Series certainly “prodded” my development of my own series plugin in some areas. Thanks for your contributions to the WordPress community Travis!
Without further ado, here’s the changeset for version 2.0.7 of Organize Series (you can download this version by clicking here):
Removal of extraneous html from series.php and seriestoc.php template files.
Updated readme.txt for suggestion to copy customized series.php and seriestoc.php files to theme directory.
Added missing < /div > to seriestoc.php file to fix “98%” of the typical default installations of this plugin.
fixed a potential bug with the get_series_toc() function/template tag.
Fixed a few spacing, code structure errors throughout the files.
Changed the “title” attribute for the get_series_toc() link to something a bit more friendly.
...This is a preview of Organize Series 2.0.7 released. Read the full post (273 words, estimated 1:06 mins reading time)
Yet another catchup post for my Organize Series plugin. The current version of the plugin is 2.0.6 and you can download it via this link. Here’s the changesets:
2.0.6 – Fixes a pretty major bug with the custom rewrite/permalink structure for series archives. This bug only shows up if you use certain prefixes to your custom permalinks such as /archives/...rest of permalink. Hat tip to Edward for the catch and fix.
2.0.5 – Contains the following bug fixes:
PHP error that was reported on the Manage Series page affecting certain installs.
.rss validation warning for series archive feeds thanks to this post
some typo fixes with readme.txt file
updating readme.txt to reflect that Organize Series works with WordPress 2.5.1
For those not familiar with what the Organize Series WordPress plugin is or does – please visit this page.
This is a pretty significant changeset that fixes some things with the Series Table of Contents page:
Series Table of Contents page now returns the correct header (’200′). It was returning ’400′ before the fix. see this thread.
NEW FEATURE: You can now indicate what the browser title bar will say on Series Table of Contents page via the Series Option settings in your admin. The default will be “Series Table of Contents Page”
Fixed a conflict with “All In One SEO Pack” plugin affecting Series Table of Contents Page.
Thanks to gnouros for detecting and testing my fixes of the above errors for me!
Shortened the “official” plugin name to “Organize Series” to match the directory in the svn repository – hopefully this will fix the indicator not showing up in your plugin list for when there’s a new version of Organize Series out. See this post in the WP Support Forums.
...This is a preview of Organize Series 2.0.4 released. Read the full post (220 words, estimated 53 secs reading time)