Dr. Wayne Cordeiro is senior pastor of New Hope Christian Fellowship in Honolulu, Hawaii. I was really looking forward to hearing his message – and I was not disappointed! Remember, for the first few posts in this series I’m just posting the raw notes – in the last post of this series I will summarize my thoughts on everything I heard/experienced at the General Conference this year. Here are the notes I took from that night.
- “There is something about vibrant Christians when they are brand new.”
- 1500 ministers are leaving ministry every month. What is being to replace those who leave?
- the whole story of the Old Testament is passing the baton of faith contextually from one generation to the next.
- remember God has chosen people and placed them in the times where they live.
- races (relay) are won or lost in the passing of the baton.
- when you are passing the baton – for a season you need to run together.
- It just takes a moment to pass the baton but it takes 5 to 7 years to pass the heart of that baton