It’s time to get out of beta and get this version onto WordPress.org/extend/plugins so more users can enjoy all the goodies. Once again, a big thanks to all the people who have helped test and fix the bugs that first got introduced way back when WordPress 2.6 was released. There’s so many of you I’ve lost track – but they are in the feed 😉
Click here to download Organize Series 2.0.8
Here’s a list of fixes/features with this new version:
- Added a new argument to the “wplistseries” function – “number” which enables users to limit the number of series displayed
- Reworked the layout of Organize Series administration integration with WordPress so it “fits” with WordPress 2.7 – including showing “Series” in the Dashboard “Right Now” widget.
- Organize Series interface can be floated around and respositioned in the write/edit posts screen for WordPress 2.7
- moved the “Manage Series” menu item to the Posts submenu area for WP2.7 (previous versions stay in the same location)
- fixed an inconsistency with ‘showlastupdate’
- fixed some bugs with the atom feed (was an early update…not sure if it’s still working correctly now)
...This is a preview of
Organize Series 2.0.8 released
. Read the full post
(438 words, estimated 1:45 mins reading time)
This series is no longer available on UnfoldingNeurons.com because I’ve moved all posts related to this plugin to the new home at OrganizeSeries.com. You can read about the move here and here.
Yet another catchup post for my Organize Series plugin. The current version of the plugin is 2.0.6 and you can download it via this link. Here’s the changesets:
2.0.6 – Fixes a pretty major bug with the custom rewrite/permalink structure for series archives. This bug only shows up if you use certain prefixes to your custom permalinks such as
/archives/...rest of permalink. Hat tip to Edward for the catch and fix.
2.0.5 – Contains the following bug fixes:
- PHP error that was reported on the Manage Series page affecting certain installs.
- .rss validation warning for series archive feeds thanks to this post
- some typo fixes with readme.txt file
- updating readme.txt to reflect that Organize Series works with WordPress 2.5.1
Just thought I’d post a quick update that the current stable version of Organize Series is 2.0.3. Here’s a summarized change set since orgSeries 2.0:
- 2.0.1 – some fixes so that changing the
SERIES_URL definition in orgSeries.php actually works (you can use this to pick how you want the series-archive permalinks to look – important for avoiding conflicts with existing category permalinks…)
- 2.0.2 – fixed Organize Series causing problems with other plugins that create their own top-level menus in your WordPress Administration. Previous to this fix you’d get ‘404’ errors on subpages of those plugin menus.
- 2.0.3 – I noticed that orgSeries 2.0.2 broke the “add series on the fly” feature on write/edit post pages (and also affected the layout of those pages). This release fixes that.
I thought I had nailed all the bugs before releasing Organize Series 2.0 – but of course, as it usually is, once code get’s in the wild all sorts of nasty creatures pop up 😉
If you haven’t yet – I encourage you to download Organize Series 2.0.3.
If you’ve never heard of my Organize Series WordPress plugin feel free to read about it on it’s own nifty page.
Thanks to the suggestions of one of the users of my Organize Series WordPress plugin – I’ve decided to set up some support forums for the plugins that I write.Â For now, Organize Series is the only significant plugin I’ve published but the forums should make it easier for users to contribute towards future versions, report bugs, and request help with installation and usage.Â I’ve still left comments open on the plugin page for now BUT I will only be responding to support requests through the forums.