There was a major bug reported today that I was able to reproduce and I quickly got a fix together (can’t believe I missed it!). I also slipped in a minor new feature so that users can choose to NOT have a backslash after the seriestoc url (see request here). That is all.
A pretty major bug slipped through with the release of Organize Series 2.1. What happens with the bug is when someone posts a comment to a post that is part of a series, that post will lose it’s series information. Not good. Organize Series 2.1.1 should fix that. You’ll want to upgrade as soon as possible.
It’s time to get out of beta and get this version onto WordPress.org/extend/plugins so more users can enjoy all the goodies. Once again, a big thanks to all the people who have helped test and fix the bugs that first got introduced way back when WordPress 2.6 was released. There’s so many of you I’ve lost track – but they are in the feed 😉
Here’s a list of fixes/features with this new version:
- Added a new argument to the “wplistseries” function – “number” which enables users to limit the number of series displayed
- Reworked the layout of Organize Series administration integration with WordPress so it “fits” with WordPress 2.7 – including showing “Series” in the Dashboard “Right Now” widget.
- Organize Series interface can be floated around and respositioned in the write/edit posts screen for WordPress 2.7
- moved the “Manage Series” menu item to the Posts submenu area for WP2.7 (previous versions stay in the same location)
- fixed an inconsistency with ‘showlastupdate’
- fixed some bugs with the atom feed (was an early update…not sure if it’s still working correctly now)
Fixed a bug reported here. This was a pretty major bug affecting scheduled posts that are a part of a series, let me know if you have any problems with it!
UPDATE (12/6/08): Just a heads up that the link above downloads from the trunk of the Organize Series subversion repository so you will get the bleeding edge version of Organize Series (currently at 2.0.8beta4). I’m not going to be responding to bugs listed here as frequently (unless I can reproduce easily…so make sure your report is as thorough as possible) because I’m ramping up to get a release ready for when WordPress 2.7 is released this week. OrgSeries 2.0.8beta4 currently WORKS with WordPress 2.7 RC1