Here’s some symptoms of early adopter’s disease…
- you subscribe to multiple tech blog feeds. Even worse, you follow all their twitter feeds. Even worse than that, you are a fan of their facebook page. Oh and by “multiple”, I mean so many that you have 100 new posts an hour coming into your feed reader.
- All non essential activity stops and you drool when watching an announcement on the latest gadget. Essential activity is breathing.
- When a new gadget is released you read every article that get’s written on it. Anything else is old news. What oil spill?
- You know of gadgets that no one else you know has heard of.
- You begin a lot of conversations with, “Hey did you hear about this? ___________” and proceed to describe in glorious detail the incredible features of the gadget that will save the world. Well, at least make the world a better place to live. Well, at least make YOUR world a better place to live….
- Things aren’t cool, they are magical.
- You don’t understand why people get frustrated when something doesn’t work. Your patience level is god-like when working with new stuff. Which is probably why….