- Woke up around 9am and left the Bible College around 10am. Traveled to a square downtown Kyiv. The architecture is amazing and got lots of pictures around the square. Interesting that a lot of the shops and stuff is under the city. Some of the team traveled by subway.
We had a quick lunch at a McDonalds and then we made our way to St. Michaels. We entered the church guys had to take their hats off ladies had to wear hats. Couldnt put hands in pockets or take pictures or video. Incredible paintings and artwork BUT sad that its the church is really doing nothing for the people of
Ukraine .(with all the money poured into the building was this really what Christ was thinking of when He started His church?)
This is the sixth entry in the series I am writing about my trip to Ukraine – I didnt have daily internet access while there so I recorded each day for later publishing. And later [much later actually] is now.
I didn’t really do a whole lot today other than driving around with Ed and Walt to various places in Krivoy Rog (I got to see a lot of Krivoy Rog through the day):
To children’s hospital to drop off girls who were going to visit with babies there.
- To McDonald’s to drop off one of the team members for McJoyful.
- Went to hospital to talk with the director of the hospital and pick up the girls who we dropped off earlier. We then dropped the girls off to shop at bazaar (they were getting makeup and nail polish and beauty supplies for using at the Sonshine orphanage in the afternoon).
- Took lunch for guys at rehab center who were continuing on the renovations there.
This is the fifth entry in the series I am writing about my trip to Ukraine – I didnt have daily internet access while there so I recorded each day for later publishing. And later [much later actually] is now.
- It was a beautiful bright sunny day today (although cold!)
- Today we didn’t have breakfast until 10am allowing us some time to sleep in because of the late night before.
- It was a bit of a slower day today because almost everything was closed with it being New Years Day
The entire team went to McDonald’s for McJoyful and we ended up having lunch there.
- Following McJoyful we came back and got ready for the New Years day service at 4pm at the Krivoy Rog church (Pastor Gregory’s church).
- The service was not a typical service but it was awesome with a wide variety of skits, special music, the worship was amazing, loud, special guests and of course I had the privilege of speaking.