Just thought I’d put up a quick post to let folks know I am aware of the issues/bugs with Organize Series in the newly released version of WordPress. Unfortunately they are pretty major bugs and I will not be able to push out an update to Organize Series anytime soon. I just don’t have the time. To the impatient folk: I use Organize Series pretty extensively myself on my various blogs so I understand the pain this creates. I’m forced to hold off on upgrading my own WordPress installs until I can update Organize Series so ideally I’d like to get this fix done sooner rather than later but it just isn’t going to happen.
Some more fixes to the code made it necessary for yet another release of Organize Series. Incidentally – I noticed that Travis Snoozy made the announcement that he is no longer actively developing his “In-Series” plugin and will only be maintaining it until he can find someone to take over it’s development. Working on Organize Series has made me painfully aware of just how much time and effort goes into developing these plugins and his work on In-Series certainly “prodded” my development of my own series plugin in some areas. Thanks for your contributions to the WordPress community Travis!
Without further ado, here’s the changeset for version 2.0.7 of Organize Series (you can download this version by clicking here):
- Removal of extraneous html from series.php and seriestoc.php template files.
- Updated readme.txt for suggestion to copy customized
seriestoc.phpfiles to theme directory.
- Added missing
< /div >to
seriestoc.phpfile to fix “98%” of the typical default installations of this plugin.
- fixed a potential bug with the
- Fixed a few spacing, code structure errors throughout the files.
- Changed the “title” attribute for the
get_series_toc()link to something a bit more friendly.
2.0.6 – Fixes a pretty major bug with the custom rewrite/permalink structure for series archives. This bug only shows up if you use certain prefixes to your custom permalinks such as
/archives/...rest of permalink. Hat tip to Edward for the catch and fix.
2.0.5 – Contains the following bug fixes:
- PHP error that was reported on the Manage Series page affecting certain installs.
- .rss validation warning for series archive feeds thanks to this post
- some typo fixes with readme.txt file
- updating readme.txt to reflect that Organize Series works with WordPress 2.5.1
For those not familiar with what the Organize Series WordPress plugin is or does – please visit this page.
This is a pretty significant changeset that fixes some things with the Series Table of Contents page:
- Series Table of Contents page now returns the correct header (‘200’). It was returning ‘400’ before the fix. see this thread.
- NEW FEATURE: You can now indicate what the browser title bar will say on Series Table of Contents page via the Series Option settings in your admin. The default will be “Series Table of Contents Page”
- Fixed a conflict with “All In One SEO Pack” plugin affecting Series Table of Contents Page.
- Thanks to gnouros for detecting and testing my fixes of the above errors for me!
- Shortened the “official” plugin name to “Organize Series” to match the directory in the svn repository – hopefully this will fix the indicator not showing up in your plugin list for when there’s a new version of Organize Series out. See this post in the WP Support Forums.
Just thought I’d post a quick update that the current stable version of Organize Series is 2.0.3. Here’s a summarized change set since orgSeries 2.0:
- 2.0.1 – some fixes so that changing the
SERIES_URLdefinition in orgSeries.php actually works (you can use this to pick how you want the series-archive permalinks to look – important for avoiding conflicts with existing category permalinks…)
- 2.0.2 – fixed Organize Series causing problems with other plugins that create their own top-level menus in your WordPress Administration. Previous to this fix you’d get ‘404’ errors on subpages of those plugin menus.
- 2.0.3 – I noticed that orgSeries 2.0.2 broke the “add series on the fly” feature on write/edit post pages (and also affected the layout of those pages). This release fixes that.
I thought I had nailed all the bugs before releasing Organize Series 2.0 – but of course, as it usually is, once code get’s in the wild all sorts of nasty creatures pop up 😉
If you haven’t yet – I encourage you to download Organize Series 2.0.3.
If you’ve never heard of my Organize Series WordPress plugin feel free to read about it on it’s own nifty page.