I attended the breakout session with my lead pastor (Marshall Eizenga) to hear Wayne Cordeiro again. Wayne expanded further on what he had talked about the previous evening in the general session. Really. Good. Stuff. Here are the notes I took:
Whose cage are you tapping and who is pacing you right now?
- you will never have wholeness in a church with broken relationships.
- if staff or volunteers come into your office and they don’t make your heart leap ask why!
- make sure relationships are good and healthy.
- if you don’t have healthy relationships no program will work because everyone will sabotage it.
- if you are a repenting man you will be a healthy man
- healthy churches still have problems but they deal with them quickly.
- Luke 1 when you have healthy relationships the Holy Spirit can move. And He doesn’t need you!
- healing requires health – if you tolerate brokenness forget about the healing!
- God’s word says without knowledge my people perish.
- We always want to make sure what we do is biblical
How do we build relationships?
- we need the presence of God in order to have healthy relationships.
- we need to be radical chrisitians going back to the core of scripture
- Are you contending for the presence of God or for the absence of God in what you do? In other words are you relying more on what you can do or what God can do?
- every miracle started with a problem
- if you want to succeed more quickly then double your rate of failure
- John Wesley, “I now value everything by the price it will gain in eternity”
Now ask the question whose cage are you tapping? How do you gain and develop leaders?
1. Believe in them early on.
- Love the potential that lies within people. Don’t just love people.
2. Disciple them Daily
- How do you do this? Live authentically
- you will shape tomorrows church. How it’s shaped depends on you. Tomorrows leaders will become just like you. Ultimately you will reproduce who you are.
- what habits are people observing in you?
- if you want to leave Jesus footprints behind you then you can’t be wearing a costume you have to have Jesus all the way to the core.
- Discipleship begins with me.
- Discipling doesn’t just mean encouraging it means correcting as well