Some time ago I read this article by Seth Godin, “ The lesson from two lemonade stands“. Go read it, then come back here.
For the church – what lemonade stand are we?
- Are we passing out tracts and telling people the “bridge” story or are we loving people and walking with them to the bridge.?
- Is it more important to us that people attend or that people encounter?
- Are people an audience or are they participators?
- Does tradition trump God’s leading?
- Does playing it safe to protect what we have trump taking a risk in faith to go where God is?
- Are we known more for what we take than what we give?
- Or put another, way – for what we are against than what we are for?
I’ve purposely left the “in between” unfilled in this post. Hopefully these questions get you thinking as much as they have me and I’d love to hear what you have to say in the comments! So, what lemonade stand is the church?